Welcome to the Standhope Ultra Challenge (the SUC)! This is a four day, 83 mile point-to-point stage race through the Smoky & Pioneer Mountains on August 12th-15th, 2015, going along with previous year’s 60K and 25K. This is not a beginner-level ultra. The race peaks out at 11,000 feet over rough terrain and passes along the shores of Goat Lake, the highest lake in Idaho. Entrants will be rewarded with a truly breathtaking mountain run. Check out the Course page for topo maps and an elevation profile. To connect with other runners, visit our Facebook page.
News & Updates:
- Food allergy? Let the RD know and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
- Need a ride? Visit our Facebook page to coordinate with others.
- We have a course preview video finally! Click me to view via Youtube.
- ARPKD/CHF Fundraiser: Contact the RD for info on a free race entry. Contact info is on the Registration page.
- We will have a shuttle! It will be very limited. It can be purchased at registration. If you have already registered, please contact the RD immediately. More info on the Info Page.
- Listen to the official Standhope 60k Theme Song, composed by your RD Ben Trail Thrasher Blessing.
- We now have an imgur gallery! Check it out: http://imgur.com/a/bQDkp
- Like us on Facebook and Twitter! It is hard to believe it, but we are less than 6 months out now!
- Hank Dart’s pictures are here.
- Brian’s report for the Times News in Twin Falls is here.
The official charity of the Standhope 60K Ultramarathon is the ARPKD/CHF Alliance. Let’s find a cure for this kidney disease!
administered by the Salmon-Challis National Forest.