Welcome to the Standhope Ultra Challenge (the SUC)! This is a four day, 83 mile point-to-point stage race through the Smoky & Pioneer Mountains on August 12th-15th, 2015, going along with previous year’s 60K and 25K. This is not a beginner-level ultra. The race peaks out at 11,000 feet over rough terrain and passes along the shores of Goat Lake, the highest lake in Idaho. Entrants will be rewarded with a truly breathtaking mountain run. Check out the Course page for topo maps and an elevation profile. To connect with other runners, visit our Facebook page.
News & Updates:
- Trail Maintenance Opportunity: We will have a trailwork day on the White Mountain Trail on July 25th, starting at 9 AM. We will meet at the Broad Canyon Recreation Area trailhead and hike up to the White Mountain Trail for some good, dirty, trail maintenance. Please fill out this form if you are interested. Thank you!
- We have a course preview video finally! Click me to view via Youtube.
- Stage Race Day One is being altered due to the FS permit process. Updated course here.
- Registration is currently open!
- 2 person teams will be allowed for the SUC. Please see the stage race page for more info.
- ARPKD/CHF Fundraiser: Contact the RD for info on a free race entry. Contact info is on the Registration page.
- We will have a shuttle! It will be very limited. It can be purchased at registration. If you have already registered, please contact the RD immediately. More info on the Info Page.
- Capping the race at 200 total entrants! Get in while it’s still good…
- Listen to the official Standhope 60k Theme Song, composed by your RD Ben Trail Thrasher Blessing.
- We now have an imgur gallery! Check it out: http://imgur.com/a/bQDkp
- Like us on Facebook and Twitter! It is hard to believe it, but we are less than 6 months out now!
- Hank Dart’s pictures are here.
- Brian’s report for the Times News in Twin Falls is here.
administered by the Salmon-Challis National Forest.