Welcome to the Standhope Ultra Challenge (the SUC)! 2016 will be a three-day event featuring the White Knob Mountains and the Copper Basin area, going along with the 60K and 30K. This is not a beginner-level ultra. The race peaks out at 11,000 feet over rough terrain and passes along the shores of Goat Lake, the highest lake in Idaho. Entrants will be rewarded with a truly breathtaking mountain run, possibly taking the prize as your most beautiful trail run. This is a world-class course and will likely fill up early. Check out the Course page for topo maps and an elevation profile. To connect with other runners, visit our Facebook page.
News & Updates:
- The 2016 event will be held August 18th-20th (60K/30K on the 20th). Come prepared for some insane elevation as we work on a route that will take you to the top of Standhope herself.
- We have a course preview video finally! Click me to view via Youtube.
- Listen to the official Standhope 60k Theme Song, composed by your RD Ben Trail Thrasher Blessing.
- We now have an imgur gallery! Check it out: http://imgur.com/a/bQDkp
- Like us on Facebook and Twitter!
- Hank Dart’s pictures are here.
- Brian’s report for the Times News in Twin Falls is here.
We cannot display this gallery
The official charity of the Standhope 60K Ultramarathon is the ARPKD/CHF Alliance. Let’s find a cure for this kidney disease!
administered by the Salmon-Challis National Forest.